The good guys over at NutriUp were kind enough to send us over Purely Superfoods’ unflavoured organic grass fed whey protein to try out.
Now, our first impressions are based on the price, which at £27 per 1 Kilo pouch is very reasonably priced for an Organic Grass Fed Whey, in-fact we’re yet to see a better price tag from any other company or brand for a product of this type and quality.
So other than the price what else is there to like?
Whey protein as many will know comes from milk, which means it can easily be mixed with water to just simply taste like slightly watered down milk. It can be used in baking, to super-size the protein pool within your delicious cakes
Ticking all the right boxes:
- Its 100% natural, which means it contains 0 artificial preservatives, additives and so on.
- It’s non GMO, meaning the grass the cows are fed is… well… real grass.
- It’s suitable for vegetarians, containing no trace of animal produce other than the milk itself.
- It contains a whopping 88g of protein per 100g.
- It’s surprisingly low in carbohydrates, with just 2.5g per 100g, whilst containing a large pool of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)
If you’re someone who cares an awful lot about the taste of it, they have alternative flavours available such as vanilla, chocolate and caffe latte. These are delicious in taste, whilst only losing around 3-5% of the protein levels.
Our final verdict:
This product is definitely up there with the best organic proteins around. It’s produced with organic milk from grass fed cows, which is a huge plus, and packs an impressive 88g of protein per 100g. With a price tag close to generic non-organic whey, there is much to like.
Our Score: perfect 10/10
Head over to Nutriup.co.uk and pick up a pack of the unflavoured or even flavoured and try for yourself!
If you have anything to add, use our comment system below, perhaps you’ve tried this protein and would like tell us your opinion. All feedback is welcome!